Welcome to our blog!
We are so impressed by how well the children have settled in. They are busy making new friends and learning ways to become independent learners. Our topic is called; ‘Happily Ever After!” The last two weeks we have been reading and responding to the story of ‘Cinderella’. This week we are focusing on ‘The Three Little Pigs.’ We have started our phonics programme (learning to read and write), in which the children are beginning to apply their knowledge of sounds. For example hearing the initial sounds in words. We started Maths by going over number recognition and formation, and have now moved onto 2D shapes.
Sounds taught so far: s,a,t,p,i,n,m
Story next week: The Three Little Pigs
About Miss Novell
Dates for your Diary
- 17 Jul 2018 - Sports Day
- 19 Jul 2018 - Reserve Sports Day
- 24 Jul 2018 - End of Term 1:30pm
- https://t.co/nJxF9jPiR3 1 year ago
- Welcome back and a big welcome to new children starting today. We hope you enjoy your new playground!... https://t.co/Usqt54ptWF 2 years ago
- We're delighted to announce that we are Primary School of the Year 2016 in the Herts Advertiser School awards! 2 years ago
- We are delighted to announce that the school has been granted planning permission to extend the outdoor play area... https://t.co/qdxFXn8T86 2 years ago
- Our Christmas Fair promises to be bigger and better this year. Today 12-2.30 https://t.co/d148NSs0Nf 3 years ago