Who has been playing (and making a mess…) in our classroom?
This week in Literacy we have been segmenting and blending key words from the story; ‘Goldilocks and the Three Bears’. We linked this to our Maths lessons by discussing the different sizes of the bears bowls, chairs and beds. We ordered the objects using the language small, medium and large, and have been measuring how tall the bears are using rulers. We have explored centimetres as a unit of measure.
Our sounds so far: s,a,t,p,i,n,m,d,o,g,c,k,ck,e,u,r,h,b,f/ff,l/ll,ss,j,v,w,x,y,z/zz,q/qu, ch, sh, th, ng
Tricky words: the, to, no, go, I, he, she, we, me, be, was, you, they
Story next week: We will be continuing the story of Goldilocks and the Three Bears.
About Mrs Fernandes
Dates for your Diary
- 17 Jan 2019 - PTA AGM
- 24 Jan 2019 - Book Fair
- 05 Feb 2019 - Year One Concert
- 08 Feb 2019 - PTA Comedy Night
- 11 Feb 2019 - Parent/Teacher Evening
- 13 Feb 2019 - Parent/Teacher Evening
- 18 Feb 2019 - Half Term Begins
- 15 Mar 2019 - Phase 2 & 3 Film Night