Just like how John Barnes set the world in motion with his legendary rap in 1990, so have Year 5 with their rapping skills this week.
To launch our small unit on ‘rap’, the children have listened to, compared and performed raps including: Me, Myself and I; The Fresh Prince; Rapper’s Delight and You Can’t Touch This.
Next week the children will learn some techniques before editing and writing their own.
Thank you to everyone who completed an entry on the Padlet page over the Christmas break. The feedback from the children has been very positive and we will add another padlet task soon on a future homework. If you were unable to download the apps, the children are welcome to complete the task during soft start using one of the school IPads.
We also spent this brief week beginning to learn about the topographical features of Greece and how it is different to the UK.
Can you work out which photographs were taken in the UK and which were taken in Greece?
About Mr Bushell
Dates for your Diary
- 12 Feb 2018 - Half Term
- 29 Mar 2018 - End of Term 1:30pm
- 16 Apr 2018 - Inset Day
- 17 Apr 2018 - Start of Summer Term
- 28 May 2018 - Half Term
- 04 Jun 2018 - Insert Day
- 24 Jul 2018 - End of Term 1:30pm
- https://t.co/nJxF9jPiR3 8 months ago
- Welcome back and a big welcome to new children starting today. We hope you enjoy your new playground!... https://t.co/Usqt54ptWF 1 year ago
- We're delighted to announce that we are Primary School of the Year 2016 in the Herts Advertiser School awards! 2 years ago
- We are delighted to announce that the school has been granted planning permission to extend the outdoor play area... https://t.co/qdxFXn8T86 2 years ago
- Our Christmas Fair promises to be bigger and better this year. Today 12-2.30 https://t.co/d148NSs0Nf 2 years ago