We expect all children to wear school uniform. The uniform is a gold polo shirt and a royal blue sweatshirt or cardigan, which all have the school logo printed on them. The girls may wear grey skirts, pinafores or trousers with grey socks or tights. In the summer blue checked dresses and white socks may be worn. Boys wear grey trousers or shorts with grey socks. Sensible black shoes should be worn. It is also possible to purchase coats, hats and book bags with the school logo on.
Uniform can be ordered from pmgschoolwear.co.uk or purchased locally from Stevensons in Victoria Street. If ordered on line we do hold samples of all the sizes in the school office if you wish to check before ordering. A small amount of stock for sale is kept in school for emergency purchases.
Children need a white T-shirt, black shorts and black plimsolls for P.E. Please label all items of clothing including footwear.
Safe Practice in Physical Education
To ensure safe practice children are taught to respond to instructions readily and to follow the relevant rules and safety procedures.
We are advised by the DFE in their “School Sport Safe Practice in Physical Education” publication that the following procedures need to be adhered to:-
- Appropriate P.E. kit must be worn. Children should not wear long loose shorts or large baggy T-shirts which are likely to get caught on P.E. apparatus.
- All jewellery must be removed i.e. watches, necklaces, rings and all earrings (including studs).
- Appropriate footwear will be required for outdoor activities.
The school will not accept responsibility for any item of jewellery taken off prior to a lesson or left anywhere on the school premises.
Dates for your Diary
- 17 Jan 2019 - PTA AGM
- 24 Jan 2019 - Book Fair
- 05 Feb 2019 - Year One Concert
- 08 Feb 2019 - PTA Comedy Night
- 11 Feb 2019 - Parent/Teacher Evening
- 13 Feb 2019 - Parent/Teacher Evening
- 18 Feb 2019 - Half Term Begins
- 15 Mar 2019 - Phase 2 & 3 Film Night